The Foundation for Agriculture Education and Development (FAED)
The Foundation for Agricultural Education and Development (FAED), in cooperation with Women Involved in Farm Economics (WIFE), offers the Marilyn Spiker Memorial Scholarship and the Sheila Massey Memorial Scholarship each year. The competition for 2018 will offer three (3) one-year scholarships in the amount of $1000.00 each. For scholarships to be awarded, applicants must meet set guidelines/standards as described in the application form as well as below:
- The student may be a woman enrolling in an agricultural related field. Examples are Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Veterinary Medicine, Extension Education, or a related field.
- Any woman who will begin first or second year college studies.
- Applications accepted where State WIFE Associations are organized (CO, KS, MO, NE, NM, NY, ND, WY).
- Special consideration will be given to an applicant, who is a member, or the daughter, granddaughter, sister, or niece of a member of FAED and/or WIFE provided her grades and qualifications equal or exceed those of other applicants.
- The woman must have the application to the State WIFE organization by March 1st, 2018 along with the two (2) letters of recommendation and a current photo.
- Please return Application and related materials to your state president. Click here for a list of president's contact information.